Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Reaching New Heights at 30


Reaching New Heights at 30
by Lloyd Luna


It has always been this way: every year we get a little older.

But getting older isn’t really a big issue. I mean not at least to my good friend Pocholo “The Voicemaster” Gonzales. You see he’s turning 30 (I heard he’s retiring from dubbing) but he’s set to take a new height. I’d like to see how far he can still go.

Pocholo started his career in radio when he was 16. After graduation, he tried to do a little selling of security gadgets, and did some more selling stuff (This is funny, really). For his personality, I really couldn’t imagine Pocholo as a sales guy, at least in that industry and with that product doing the demonstration. It just doesn’t fit him.

And so after a little while, he went back to where he’s passionate about–radio broadcasting, dubbing, and voice acting. That’s where he got his energy back and he started to build an incredible reputation as a regular talent of ABS-CBN. He was part of the dubbing team that revived the fanaticism of the masses to the network during the Korea novela hype. He was the voice behind the father of San Chai.

For a typical guy who was raised in a suburb town of Mariveles in Bataan, nobody could imagine that he would be able to make a big name in the industry being tagged as The Voicemaster. While growing up, he’s only a little. Scarcity, if I may say, could rather best describe his situation. Having only a little, he would promise himself that someday, he will have more than enough.

I couldn’t tell more of his childhood since I didn’t grow up with him. We’re raised from extreme shores, myself coming from Quezon Province, the other side of the archipelago. But when we met and worked for the President in Malacanang, I knew that together with Ian Barcelona, we will be able to explore uncharted territory sooner and longer.

After our Malacanang days, having made President Arroyo so very popular in the youth sector, we worked together in a private events company as consultants. We were able to stage Youth Power 2005 Conference and Expo, which is the biggest youth leadership event in the history according to Manila Bulletin. While working in that project, I knew he can’t just sit there and follow. He must lead.

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs036.snc1/4333_180186925544_501440544_6635577_1959185_n.jpg

The Voicemaster with his sweetest revenge to the people who are best at pulling him down. Watch the energy and smile!

After eight months or so, he was given a chance to manage a company, which he would later leave to give birth to now CreatiVoices Productions. This was the start of the enterprising Pocholo.

I would rather not mention his family life, but I can assure you he has really been dead serious about his own family especially with his wife Lyn. Patrick Gabriel, a miracle baby, is one of his sources of energy. Oh God, you should see my godson!

I wish I could calculate his worth as of the moment. Having built a company of his own, being involved as the lone non-celebrity cast of Dayo The Movie, being able to buy a house in Camella Homes, having started another company called CreatiEvents, which I’m a part owner, I thought he has reached the top and yet he’s into ready for another hike.

Where else can Pocholo be in the next 365 days? I’m not so sure about that. But there is no doubt in my mind that he will be able to perform another miracle, this time it should be bigger and even more amazing. He did it several times before and I believe he’s making it over and over again. To be able to reach the top is an achievement and to be able to retire at his early age to move and explore greater heights is a challenge.

For Pocholo, a challenge is always an opportunity. Knowing him very closely, I presume that he will do whatever it takes to be the best person to take that opportunity.

While other people are so blind to see success behind every hardship, this guy is just so excited to seize it. While other people rest to their comfort zone, this guy is getting out of his comfort zone while staying inside his strength zone. While other people get so sick and tired of their lives, this guy is so healthy and perfectly fit to take the next round.

I hope I can still lie some more. But the truth is I’m not really lying. I’m telling you the truth about Pocholo “The Voicemaster” Gonzales.

And oppps, let me greet you a very creative 30th birthday. LLOYDLUNA will be here to watchout for more miracles coming your way. We will be here to see you reaching new heights at 30.


Communicating for success,

LLOYD A. LUNA
President and CEO
The LLOYDLUNA Communications

4 comments:

  1. love the picture! again and again! Happy Birthday! God Bless you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Choy! :-) Wow! I'm privileged to have known you. Since Freshman days sa UP, nung nakapila pa tayo sa enlistment ng mga GE subjects, ibang klase ka na talaga. Makulit ka na noon and look where your perseverance took you. Congrats! God bless!!! Keep it up. Offer this wonderful blessing to the Great Creator!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, thanks. Miss na rin kita kapatid! salamat sa lahat!

    ReplyDelete